July 15, 2012

Gluten-free PB and Chocolate Cookies, Take 1

Cookies make with a garbanzo bean base, and no flour?
My first batch - not so pretty, but just as tasty
Once again, Pinterest proves the power of the picture. If I hadn't seen the luscious-looking photo of gluten-free peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies there, I wouldn't have given the recipe a fair chance.  But I tracked back to the source, Texanerin Baking, and found not just instructions but also her notes and more yummy photos.

If you like your cookies to stay malleable and more 'doughy' when they've cooled, this recipe may meet all your needs. For me, next time I plan to up the peanut butter slightly, and add a little brown rice flour, to compensate for  the increased oil and also give them a slightly more 'cakey' feel.

But don't take my propensity to tinker as criticism - these are tasty treats that seem pretty healthy. (When I report on Take 2, I'll add my estimates for calories, fat, protein, sugar, and carbs.) Try 'em!

No comments: