January 28, 2010

Bite-size Remodel

Gentle Reader,
If you are lovely enough to read both this blog for my anecdotes and my site of the same name for all the non-story information, prepare yourself for a shock.
At this very moment (actually, all moments but now - I'm doing this, now), Bite-size Green is being taken apart and reconstructed.  Unlike a kitchen remodel, there is no dust and no having to eat out for weeks while the construction and re-decorating take place.
The host I am migrating to (yay, Yola) lets me build all my new pages, style elements, and navigation on their server before I move the [extremely valuable, I'm sure] domain over.  In non-tech terms, both sites will exist separately until I press the button to make only one show up when you type the site name in.

While the remodel is underway, you can take a sneak peek by visiting www.greenbites.yolasite.com
If you get a chance, please look at both and tell me how you think the new one compares to the old (bearing in mind that styling, links and pages are still underway - it's a beta version, for another week or two).
  • Do the main categories across the top work better for you than the long list down the left side?
  • Do you like the overall look and feel?
  • Is it easy to move around, and find what you're looking for, and go back again?
  • Are there any crucial features missing?
Kindly provide your insights at your earliest convenience, with my gratitude assured.
I remain, as ever,
Yours

No comments: