February 16, 2009

Packing for the NW Flower and Garden Show

I'll be heading north soon, to catch what hopefully will not be the last NW Flower and Garden Show. It's been an annual tradition for so long; and it's such a remarkably good show (one the best in the US, possibly the world) - I hate to think it might not return.

But I look forward to seeing how the 'greening' of the show is carried out, what crossovers from landscape decoration to victory garden are featured in the demonstration gardens, and what the speakers have to say about everything from planting natives in the Puget Sound area to manage the volume of seasonal rain the region receives. I have been reading an Anne Lovejoy book in preparation (though she's not a scheduled speaker this year); and I'm already in the NW groove. Seattle, here I come!

No comments: