May 12, 2008

Peanut Butter and Pickle Sandwich

Don't say "eewwh" before you try it!
My friend Robert Swanson introduced me to this weird and wonderful combination when we were eight or nine years old. Til then, my favorite combo was peanut butter with chocolate chips (courtesy of my-friend-Alice). I was skeptical too; but I had eaten weirder stuff on a dare - and he seemed to genuinely like the sandwich he was happily munching away on.

To make:
Spread peanut butter on two slices of bread (something semi-good, like one of those multi-grains pretending to be healthy but really only a notch above the squishy white breads.)
Place slices of bread and butter pickles onto one slice of the bread, and top with the other.
Cut and eat.

Sweet and crunchy, the pickles aren't that different than apple slices. Try it yourself, and then have fun testing the adventurousness of your friends and relations.

No comments: